We all love the time we have outside of working hours and there are many ways that people prefer to spend their downtime, especially using the Internet. Mainstream media outlets such as TV and radio are losing viewers by the thousands and with that in mind, here are just some of the ways that people find online entertainment.
- Online casinos – Many people love nothing more that logging into their favourite online casino and play the jackpot online slot machines, and who could blame them? When looking at potential online casinos, check what incentives they offer new players. Some casinos offer amazing welcome gift packages in a bid to attract new players and all you have to do is find them.
- YouTube – This huge video library is the go-to place for online video content; whether you like history documentaries, full-length movies and many YouTubers who post content on their channels. Some sporting events are broadcast live, while others are shown a few hours after the event.
- Social media – Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are all hugely popular and great for catching up on what friends and family members are doing. As well as posting text, images and video, you can video call using Facebook Messenger, which is free and available worldwide. Just about every person on the planet would have at least one social media account and the numbers are growing exponentially. Click here for tips on keeping personal data secure.
- Podcasts – The fastest growing sector of digital content, podcasters like Joe Rogan have millions of followers. Podcasts are popular because you can listen while doing odd jobs around the house and there are so many topics, there is bound to be something that hits your hot button. Simply search with Google for ‘podcast channels’ and that should be enough to find interesting content.
- Netflix – The largest video content provider, Netflix has something for everyone and for a few dollars a month, the family has access to their favourite content. Epic movies, the best TV series and top documentaries are all available on Netflix. Take out a family package, which is great value for money and up to 6 digital devices can be used at any given time.
- Multi-player real-time gaming – Why not immerse yourself in a dynamic hi-res gaming environment? All you need is a gaming PC or laptop, a webcam, a mic and set of headphones and you are good to go. Call of Duty and Minecraft are just a couple of the popular online gaming platforms and you can text and voice chat with other online players, which is amazing when you think about it.
- Audio books – While audio books are nothing new, they have taken off in the past couple of years; famous people record their reading in a studio and for only a couple of dollars, you can listen to someone like Stephen Fry reading your favourite novel.
As you can see, there are many ways that Internet users like to relax and if you have yet to try any of the above, there’s nothing to stop you checking it out.