Six Sigma is a collection of carefully curated management tools and strategies focused on reducing mistakes in company operations. It is a data-driven process-improvement initiative that aims to enhance the efficiency of organisations by identifying and eliminating underlying causes of errors and increasing the accuracy of process outcomes. Organisations have been searching for employees with expertise in Six Sigma or who have finished a Six Sigma course since it uses statistical approaches to discover and improve processes.
There are many levels of Six Sigma certification available, including –
- Yellow Belt
- Green Belt
- Six sigma black belt
- White Belt
- Master black belt
- Lean Six Sigma
You can choose a certification based on your professional goals or your employer’s needs.
Significance of Six Sigma
Six Sigma certification has become one of the most sought after certifications due to the following reasons:
- Assists professionals in honing their business and analytical abilities.
- Prepares them for a position of leadership.
- Ensures that excellent compensation packages are available.
- Allows experts to participate in corporate strategic decision-making by reducing expenses, increasing revenues, and streamlining business operations.
- Facilitates the job search.
- Ensures stable employment in a variety of industries
Professional Six Sigma Skills
To acquire value and create additional value, every organisation worldwide has begun to capitalise on data and emerging big data technology. Market experts recommend pursuing higher-level certifications to stay relevant, competitive, and have well-paid employment in this increasingly competitive industry. However, you must have specific skill sets in order to pursue a career in Six Sigma, such as –
- Optimistic outlook
- A strong faith in accomplishing tasks and attaining objectives
- The ability to take charge
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Ability to lead project teams and inspire coworkers
- Exceptional communication abilities
- Writing and presenting skills are essential.
- Understanding and knowledge of business procedures
- Ability to manage corporate resources and finances.
Six Sigma Job Prospects
Six Sigma experts are taught to use statistical analysis and Six Sigma techniques to enhance the organization’s performance. Six Sigma is primarily concerned with decreasing mistakes, irregularities, and other service flaws in a company, which is why companies choose to hire people with appropriate expertise and a Six Sigma certification to carry out a full-scale implementation. Another factor that contributes to the popularity of Six Sigma certification among professionals is that it is relevant to people from many backgrounds and industries. They may choose between working for a product-based or a service-based organization.
Following are some of the most common job descriptions you may pursue after earning your Six Sigma certification.
After acquiring the Six Sigma Green Belt Certification –
- Operations Manager
- Project quality leader
- Workforce Management Specialist
- Assistant Manager Quality
- Quality Manager
- Process Improvement Manager
- Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Senior Manager – Quality
- Project Manager IT
After acquiring the Six Sigma Black Belt Certification –
- Finance Business Process Expert
- Quality Compliance Analyst
- Operations Project head
- Head of QA
- Six Sigma Black Belt Instructor
- AVP – Quality
- Manager – Business Excellence
- Deputy General Manager – Process Excellence
After acquiring the Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification –
- Director – Process Excellence
- Telecom Expense Service Manager
- Business Optimization Specialist
- Finance Management Development Associate
- Supply Chain Manager
- Payroll Specialist
- Continuous Improvement Manager
- Technical Support Manager
After being certified in Lean Six Sigma, you may pursue a variety of lucrative job opportunities. Here are our top five recommendations.
- Lean Six Sigma Project Leader
A project lead for lean six Sigma is in charge of overseeing the execution of business improvement initiatives. He or she advises on how to use continuous improvement techniques and finds suitable sponsors for the company.
Six sigma project leaders are required to actively contribute to company improvement by using lean six Sigma and project management tools and processes. They are experts in assimilating complicated knowledge about a product or a business process
- Six Sigma Consultant
Six Sigma consultants live and breathe the ideas and practice of the six sigma methodology. The key to being a good six sigma consultant is to keep your expertise up to date. If you want to work as a lean six sigma consultant, you must commit to helping your customers increase efficiency, productivity, and customer happiness.
You’ll also need a committed crew to fuel your consulting, in addition to a great understanding of the lean six sigma processes and at least a Green Belt level certification.
- Functional Project Leader
Working with internal stakeholders and customers, functional project leaders establish business needs. They collaborate with subject matter experts and commercial partners to handle risks and failures. Functional project leaders may minimize waste and operating expenses if they have a thorough grasp of the six sigma methodology.
- Business Processes Manager
It has been demonstrated time and time again that combining Lean Six Sigma methodology with business process management (BPM) techniques may provide outstanding results. It’s one of the most practical strategies to increase your company’s performance. Six Sigma methodologies utilize statistical analysis to enhance quality, while BPM focuses on process optimization and automation.
With an understanding of lean six Sigma, a business process manager may easily guarantee that business processes fit with company objectives. They’ll have a big-picture perspective, the ability to rethink procedures, and the perseverance to seek innovation.
- Director of Operational Excellence
One of the most advanced job paths available to a six sigma expert is that of director of operational excellence. This position comprises duties such as gathering business information, overseeing initiative execution, guaranteeing functional quality, defining operational goals, and so on.
A professional with a Six Sigma Black Belt certification can ace this job role with ease. Black belt certification encourages strong teamwork and leadership abilities, as well as the development of sound business, which is required when leading complicated projects.
Today’s corporate environment places a strong focus on lean management, continuous improvement, as well as quality. This has increased the value of Six Sigma certified employees significantly throughout the globe. You can have a successful and satisfying career in Six Sigma if you choose the right job.