CBD has grown in popularity recently as it has many different benefits for humans and animals. Nowadays, pet owners are also considering giving CBD products to their pets in a variety of ways. But before buying any product of CBD dogs, you should research the different products available, dosage guides, and the benefits they have for dogs. Here is a quick guide to buying CBD products for your dogs.
The general dosage of CBD oil in dogs is 1mg/kg twice daily
- It is essential to understand that dogs are more sensitive to CBD than humans. Therefore, you should begin with a small dose and increase it accordingly if your dog does not respond well.
- 1 mg/kg twice daily is a general dosage for epilepsy in dogs. If your dog is not responding to the first dose or two, you can increase the dose by 1mg/kg and see how your dog reacts over 30 days before increasing again.
- Finding the proper dosage of CBD oil for your pet can be challenging. This guide has tips on choosing the correct CBD oil dosage for your pet.
- It would be best to start with a low dosage of around 1 mg per pound of body weight. If your dog weighs 50 pounds, you should give the dog 50 mg of CBD oil daily. If your dog does not respond well to this dosage, increase it gradually until your pet reacts positively to it or until you reach up to 10mg/pound when administering it every day over some time (this may take weeks).
- If, after increasing the amount, there are no changes in behavior, stop giving them any more doses. Always consult with a vet before starting any medication. And make sure, before using these products on animals, that they don’t contain any solvent or preservative agents which might cause harm when used continuously over long periods.
The initial dose should be administered after 12 hours after the last dose
You can skip this step if your dog has been on CBD oil for a while. But if you have just started using the oil, you will need to wait 12 hours after the last dose before giving them another amount. It is because, with CBD tincture for dogs, it’s essential to see how long it takes your pet’s system to process the cannabinoids and then take another dosage.
Factors to consider while buying CBD for dogs
The first step in buying CBD oil for your dog is to determine the size of the dog that will use the product. Your pet’s body mass, age, and breed will influence how much CBD tincture you need to give them. For example, small dogs weighing less than 10 pounds should take 1 milligram per pound of body weight daily (for example, a 3-pound Chihuahua would need 3 mg).
CBD oil is one of the best options for dog owners looking to give their pets the best treatment and care. Although CBD is safe and effective, specific guidelines must be followed. Before giving CBD to your dog, read the dosage guide on the pack and research well.