Just like any pest, when bees find a place around your property, looking at their colony won’t be comfortable for you. However, instead of removing them by yourself, you should employ the service of professional Pest Control & Bed Bug Removal In New Jersey | EZ Bed Bug Exterminator to help you with their years of experience and trained staff.
When you hear of a bee sting, you won’t think of any benefit it can bring to you other than painful consequences. While it is natural to think like this, in this article, I will be exploring both the side effects and the probable benefits they can bring.
Benefits Of Bee Stings
Below is a breakdown of the various benefits that bee stings can bring.
- Anti-inflammatory properties
A common benefit of bee venom is its anti-inflammatory effects. The components of bee venom have been proven to reduce inflammation, such as melittin. While melittin causes symptoms of discomfort, such as itching and pain when administered in excess dosages, it provides anti-inflammatory effects when taken in small quantities.
- May reduce arthritis-related symptoms
Bee venom, due to its anti-inflammatory properties, has been proven to be healthful for people with rheumatoid arthritis, which is an inflammatory condition that attacks the joints. For reference, it is reported that the 120 people with rheumatoid arthritis who were studied for 8 weeks proved that bee-venom acupuncture shows symptoms of relief effects which equal in value with the traditional rheumatoid arthritis medicines, such as Methotrexate and Celecoxib.
- May benefit skin health
It is not news that many cosmetic companies have been mixing bee venom into their skincare products, such as serums and moisturizers. Such ingredients can enhance skin health in many ways such as reducing inflammation, giving antibacterial effects, and clearing wrinkles. In a study made for 12 weeks for 22 women, the women showed that the application of a facial serum, which contains bee venom, two times a day reduced the depth of wrinkles and the number of wrinkles.
- May benefit immune health
Bee venom has also proven to be beneficial to the immune cells, which mediate allergic and inflammatory reactions. It is also evident, from animal studies, that bee venom medications might help step down the symptoms of autoimmune conditions like lupus, and encephalomyelitis.
- Other benefits of bee venom
Some animal studies have shown that bee-venom medications can help in treating allergic reactions such as asthma. What bee venom does is increases the regulatory-Tregs production which is known to reduce inflammation and allergic reactions. Also, healthcare is discovered to administer bee-venom injections to people with bee-sting allergies.
Despite the many benefits of bee-venom-related products and therapy, side effects can be incurred in the process of receiving the treatment and therapy. Hence, it is important to be careful and understand how venom therapy works. Below is an explanation of the recorded side effects.
1. Though bee venom has proven to be beneficial in many ways, you have to be aware that researches that support the proven benefits are not common but very limited. Also, the research has only been carried out on animals and test tubes, so it is not completely certain the benefits are applied to humans as well.
2. Some bee-venom therapy like acupuncture may result in side effects such as pain, redness, and swelling.
3. Also, bee-venom medications and treatments can result in death in people with high allergic conditions through the production of anaphylaxis, a serious allergic reaction that affects smooth and easy breathing.
4. Some other fatal effects involved with the bee-venom treatments include hyperventilation, fatigue, appetite, loss of appetite, risk of increased bleeding, vomiting, etc.
5. In sensitive individuals when treated with bee-venom therapy, they show adverse side effects like itching, hives, and redness.