The performance of medical grade silicone materials is different from that of ordinary silicone, so the value of medical silicone parts also has a deeper meaning
The hardness of silicone is the same as that of ordinary rubber. It is distinguished by Shore hardness. Generally, the higher the degree, the harder the hardness. The material of silicone parts has different choices according to different usage scenarios.
At present, the hardness of silicone raw materials can reach 0 degrees to 90 degrees. Silicone raw materials are divided into solid silicone and liquid silicone. The hardness of medical silicone can reach 20 degrees to 90 degrees, and the commonly used ones are 30 degrees to 70 degrees. The hardness of silicone parts is very flexible.
Medical silicone parts manufacturing
And if you want to demand silicone raw materials with lower hardness, you need to use liquid silicone. The hardness of liquid silicone is 0-20 degrees, and the commonly used is 10-20 degrees. So will the hardness of silicone products change after molding, and will the hardness of silicone products change? The hardness of silicone parts involves a lot of production details. Regarding this issue, NEWTOP silicone will analyze it for you.
Some also ask whether the medical silicone hardness will become hard when the silicone is molded? Of course not, the hardness of the molded silicone product is the same as that of the silicone raw material, so you don’t have to worry about it .
The softness and hardness of silicone are generally adjusted, and the hardness has little to do with temperature. The temperature is only related to the curing time, NEWTOP silicone parts tips: low temperature curing slow, high temperature curing fast.
What are the effects of different hardness of medical siliconeproducts
1. Changes in extrusion strength, low silicone parts will gradually decrease in strength, high hardness will increase, and the difference of 5-10 degrees will have different extrusion changes.
2. The change of medical silicone tear resistance, the higher the hardness, the weaker the tear resistance of the product, especially the products with right angles are prone to tearing, the lower the hardness, the better the tearing degree, and the tearing degree is different with different hardness.
3. The constant elongation stress leads to deformation. The constant elongation stress is an important control index of the silicone material, which is precisely related to the hardness. Different hardness of silicone parts and the temperature and pressure controlled during the vulcanization and vulcanization process are important for the product’s tensile deformation.
4. Changes in wear resistance and fatigue degree. Medical silicone products with different hardness have different effects on wear resistance and fatigue degree. Generally, the hardness of silicone material increases with the increase of crystallinity, and long-term running-in will affect the decrease of fatigue degree. The wear resistance is not enough.
5. The elasticity is different, elasticity is one of the important elements in the silicone material, so the material of different hardness has an impact on each product of different applications, and the hardness difference is too large may lead to the use effect of the entire product, and even affect every link of a whole!
Generally, the medical silicone process can be changed, and the mold silicone parts manufacturer can change the hardness of the product according to the process. On the material, various intermediate hardness values can be achieved by mixing the polymer base, fillers and auxiliaries in different proportions. In the process, the time and temperature of heat curing can also change the hardness without destroying other physical characteristics.
Read More: https://yijinsolution.com/plastic-machining/